Our Covid-19 safety measures are in place to ensure our clinics and hospitals are safe for you, your pets and our staff
Dear pet owner,
Over the past several months, we’ve committed to keeping you, your pets and our people safe under hugely challenging circumstances.
This has meant keeping our pet emergency clinics and hospitals open throughout the coronavirus pandemic to ensure our vets and vet nurses could be there for you when you needed us most, while also putting in place a series of precautions to reduce the risk of virus transmission.
We realise how difficult this has been for everyone — especially those of you who have had to hand over critically-ill pets at the door of one of our premises.
We want to reassure you that — now we’re entering a new phase in the battle against Covid-19 — we’ll continue to be here for you, no matter what part of the country you’re in and no matter what restrictions you face.
But in order to ensure continued care for your pets while at the same time keeping everyone safe, we’ll be taking some additional precautionary steps, including:
- Asking pet owners in an emergency to call us first rather than turning up unannounced
- Asking that only one owner accompanies each pet inside the building (if you do need someone to accompany you, perhaps for emotional support, you should, where possible, ask them to remain in the car)
- Placing safe distance markers on floors in many clinics to ensure everyone maintains adequate social distancing
- Providing hand sanitiser for anyone entering and leaving
- Asking all visitors to wear suitable face coverings
- Fitting Perspex screens around reception desks in many clinics
- Encouraging customers to pay by card whenever possible
- Cleaning at regular intervals to a medical-grade standard
On top of this, we are continuing to ask you to take as many preventative hygiene measures as you can before, during and after your visit. This includes washing your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitising rub. If you’re self-isolating and your pet needs urgent care, please phone us to explain the situation so we can arrange a way of conducting a consultation that’s in everyone’s best interests.
It’s clear Covid-19 remains a significant threat and there is still a long way to go to overcome the challenges posed by this pandemic. But whatever lies ahead, we’ll continue to be here for you and your pets at the time you need us most and we’ll continue to put your health and safety above all else.
Thank you for bearing with us during these unprecedented times.
Remember, if you need veterinary advice from the comfort of your home, you can book a video consultation with one of our vets and if your pet needs to be seen in one of our clinics or hospitals we’ll refund you the £24 consultation fee. Please click here for more information on coronavirus, and don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.