About the Job
Veterinary Surgeon Weekend
Up to £40ph DOE
Make your weekends work at Vets Now
Vets Now Worthing is a clinic that will provide you with an interesting and diverse caseload.
Whether you’re studying for a certificate, looking for a second income, or wanting to further your ECC experience, this is a great opportunity to expand your own knowledge. You will work with a team who are passionate about progressing the world of emergency and critical care.
As a weekend vet in Worthing, based out of a state-of-the-art you will work alongside an experienced and supportive team, and have the on-going mentorship of our Principal Vet, Cristian. We have a fully staffed and highly supportive team. Working weekends means you are never alone. Our team consists of one other vet two nurses, one animal care assistant and a receptionist till 11pm each night. By having such a well-established team around you, the support is always there.
At Vets now Worthing, make your weekends work for you. How many shifts you work a month is up to you, giving you the perfect balance between your work and personal life. The shift times are below:
- Saturday: 12:00-19:30
- Sunday: 08:30-19:30
- Sunday 09:00 – 21:00
With access to the largest ECC caseload in Europe, this role will be both stimulating and rewarding allowing you to break up the routine of day practice. What else could entice you to work weekends? Along with rate of pay up to £40ph DOE, we also offer an outstanding benefits package which includes the following:
- Private medical insurance
- Membership of employee wellbeing programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity policy including six months full pay
- Family-friendly policies including paternity and adoption pay schemes
- Seven weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Paid volunteering days
- £1,500 CPD allowance plus 35 paid hours pro rata
- ECC certificate support – financial and paid study leave
- Access to our ‘Edge’ programmes
- RCVS fees, VECCS membership and VDS cover
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Death in service of two times annual salary
For further information about joining our Worthing team, please contact Jess in our Talent team on [email protected] or call 07890 911217¦
Unsure if this is the right role for you? If you aren’t quite ready to fully apply or have some specific questions, let me know and we can arrange an informal chat or even a visit to our clinic with our team. They will be able to answer any questions you have while being able to give you a first-hand insight to what weekends with Vets Now is really like!