About the Job
Veterinary Nurse – Weekend
Up to £17ph DOE plus benefits
Join our Emergency and Critical care service in Vets Now, Stoke
Vets Now are the UK’s leading provider of emergency pet care. Our nationwide network of out-of-hours pet emergency clinics are open through the night, at weekends and on bank holidays, so we’re ready and waiting to provide the care and support to pets and their owners at the time they need it most.
Be part of an exceptional team
Vets Now handle the largest emergency caseload in Europe affording you a breadth of opportunity to develop an ECC career. On shift you will work with a Vet Surgeon and during our busiest times you will also have the support of an Animal Care Assistant and Vet Receptionist in clinic and be supported by our Contact Centre and district team on-call. Our nursing team are at the core of clinical treatment including triage, surgery, anesthesia and in-patient care.
Make a difference and save lives
The successful applicant in our vet nurse role will be –
- An RCVS registered Veterinary Nurse
- Passionate about caring for our clients and their pets
- Motivated to deliver the exceptional clinic standards that Vets Now is known for
- Experience in an ECC environment is advantageous
Enhance your emergency knowledge
With such a diverse caseload, Vet Nurses will be continually challenged. At Vets Now we invest heavily in the continuous professional development of all our people across the business. You will be supported and encouraged in achieving professional qualifications, and benefit from ongoing coaching and mentoring.
Weekend working pattern
Every other weekend working Saturday from 12:00 to 18:30 and Sunday from 08.30 – 18:30.
Plus, a fair share of bank holidays.
Reward and benefits package
Recognising hard work is important to us. Our employees are our greatest asset which is why we offer a first-class benefits and rewards package that includes:
Your health and wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Membership of employee wellbeing programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity policy including 6 months full pay
- Family-friendly policies including paternity and adoption pay schemes
Your work life balance
- 7 weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Paid volunteering days
- £1125 CPD allowance plus 20 paid hours pro rata
- ECC certificate support – financial and paid study leave
Your professional memberships
- RCVS fees
- VDS cover
Your additional benefits
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Death in service of two times annual salary
Please get in touch with Lauren in our Talent Team to discuss on 07977940379 or email Lauren.O’[email protected]