About the Job
Portsmouth – Veterinary Surgeon – Backshift – Weekend
Up to £45ph DOE plus benefits
Make your weekends work at Vets Now
Vets Now Portsmouth is a thriving clinic with an interesting caseload. Whether you are working a second job or looking to get more ECC experience, this is a great opportunity to further your own knowledge and work with a team who are passionate about progressing the world of emergency and critical care.
As a weekend Vet at Vets Now Portsmouth, you will work alongside a supportive team, and you will benefit from ongoing mentorship from the Principal Vet. Vets Now Portsmouth’s weekend team usually consists of one other Vet, two Nurses, one Animal Care Assistant and a Receptionist.
Build your ECC career around your lifestyle
At Vets Now Portsmouth how many weekend shifts you work a month is up to you. The backshift times available are below and will also include a fair share of bank holidays:
- Saturday 12:00 – 22:00
- Sunday 11:00 – 00:00
As a backshift Vet you will often work as the second Vet on shift, providing an opportunity to share knowledge and work together on the more complex cases.
Take control of your own career progression
With our excellent training and development opportunities, you will have a platform to thrive in an out of hours environment. Working in this ECC setting you will see a varied caseload which will sharpen and develop your veterinary skills.
We look after you, so you can look after them
At Vets Now we recognise that our people are what makes us. That’s why we are continuing to invest in first class reward and recognition benefits and initiatives.
- Private medical insurance
- Membership of employee wellbeing programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity policy including 6 months full pay
- Family-friendly policies including paternity and adoption pay schemes
- 7 weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Paid volunteering days
- £1500 CPD allowance plus 35 paid hours pro rata
- ECC certificate support – financial and paid study leave
- Access to our Edge programmes
- RCVS fees
- VECCS membership
- VDS cover
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Death in service of two times annual salary
Give yourself the AdvantEdge
We can also offer a place on our two-week programme, AdvantEdge. Designed for experienced Vets who want to refresh or cement their emergency and critical care knowledge and skills, AdvantEdge is available on all contract sizes, large or small.
To be considered for this role, please click apply. To get in touch with Angie in our Talent team to discuss further, please email [email protected] or call 078 150 15538.