About the Job
Veterinary Nurse – Part Time Out of Hours
Up to £17ph DOE plus benefits and a 10% bonus for working OOH
Help shape the future of Emergency and Critical Care at Vets Now Manchester
Vets Now are the UK’s leading provider of emergency pet care. Due to continued growth in our state-of-the-art 24/7 hospital, we are looking to add to the existing out-of-hours team. Our out-of-hours team is here to provide an emergency service at nights, weekends, and bank holidays and to ensure continuity of care for inpatients that have been seen by our referral team.
Develop your skills with a diverse caseload
This role will give you the opportunity to deal with a wide range of emergency and critical care cases as well as monitoring patients from our referral services. Your role will include:
Emergency triage and procedure nursing.
Impatient care within our ICU, general and isolation wards.
Monitoring anaesthesia of emergency surgeries.
Potential candidates will be passionate about the care they deliver and have a real enthusiasm for learning with the ability to work within a fast-paced emergency service.
We invest in your development
With such a diverse caseload, Vet Nurses will be continually challenged. At Vets Now we invest heavily in the continuous professional development of all our people across the business. You will be supported and encouraged in achieving professional qualifications, and benefit from ongoing coaching and mentoring.
Week 1: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday working either 19:00 to 06:00 or 20:00 to 07:00 on rotation.
Week 2: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday working either 19:00 to 06:00 or 20:00 to 07:00 on rotation.
Plus, a fair share of bank holidays.
We look after you, so you can look after them
Recognising hard work is important to us. Our employees are our greatest asset which is why we offer a first-class benefits and rewards package that includes:
Your health and wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Membership of employee wellbeing programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity policy including 6 months full pay
- Family-friendly policies including paternity and adoption pay schemes
Your work life balance
- 7 weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Paid volunteering days
- £1125 CPD allowance plus 20 paid hours pro rata
- ECC certificate support – financial and paid study leave
Your professional memberships
- RCVS fees
- VDS cover
Your additional benefits
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Death in service of two times annual salary
Please get in touch with Lauren in our Talent Team to discuss on 07977940379 or email Lauren.O’[email protected]