About the Job
Veterinary Surgeon – AdvantEdge
Up to £80,000 DOE pro rata plus benefits
Refresh your skills, recharge your career.
If you’re looking for a career in emergency practice there couldn’t be a better time to act. For those Veterinary Surgeons who possess a solid foundation in small animal/mixed practice, the Vets Now AdvantEdge programme will build upon your existing medical and surgical skills and give you an extra boost of confidence before you start your new role with us in our Liverpool clinic. With a competitive salary from day one, we’ll give you the best start possible in emergency practice
75 hours of CPD delivered by specialist and ECC clinicians.
AdvantEdge is delivered by specialists in ECC, Internal Medicine, Diagnostic Imaging and Surgery as well as experienced ECC clinicians.
The syllabus contains both clinical and non-clinical sessions to improve your approach to:
- Blood gas analysis
- Transfusion therapy
- Recognising and managing shock
- Fluid therapy
- Respiratory emergencies
- Cardiac emergencies
- Neurological emergencies
- Surgical emergencies
- Clinical reasoning and decision making in ECC
- Team and pet-owner communication
- Adjusting to nightwork
The first week of the programme will take place at our support office in Scotland with our second week being virtual. The final weekend of the programme provides the opportunity to undertake a surgery wet lab practical, alongside sessions on CPR, making and reading blood smears, and point of care ultrasound techniques.
Rota options to meet your needs
We currently have a full time position available within our Liverpool clinic. Typically, a full time Veterinary Surgeon will work and average of 40 hours per week, no more than three nights in a row with a 1:2 weekend commitment, plus a fair share of bank holidays.
Great place to work
Our employees are our greatest asset which is why we offer a first-class benefits and rewards package that includes:
- Private medical insurance
- Membership of employee wellbeing programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity policy, including 6 months full pay
- Family-friendly policies including paternity and adoption pay schemes
- Seven weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Paid volunteering days
- £1500 CPD allowance plus 35 paid hours pro rata
- RCVS fees, VECCS membership and VDS cover
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Death in service of two times annual salary
The next programme will run on 13 May 2024 and is open to Vet Surgeons with a minimum of two years’ experience in small animal or mixed practice. To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please get in touch with Reah in our Talent team [email protected]