About the Job
Search Marketing Executive
Vets Now are the UK’s leading provider of emergency and out-of-hours care for pets and one of the fastest growing companies in the country. Every year our emergency vets and vet nurses treat more than 150,000 pets. Together we save pets’ lives.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a search marketing executive to join and support our marketing team in implementing our digital marketing strategy.
Vets Now is a digitally focused proactive company who embraces the Internet of Things, and this role presents a fantastic opportunity to engage in search marketing activities across all areas such as organic SEO, voice search and online reputation management.
We are looking for someone who has a strong website, and SEO search skills and has a passion and natural flair for all things search orientated. This position will reward someone who is a self-starter with initiative, ambition and a strong desire to learn and broaden their knowledge of search engine marketing.
The search marketing executive will assist with search activity across our three audience sectors which are direct to consumer, vet professional and employer brand.
- Day-to-day management of the Vets Now websites using content management (CMS) platform WordPress to ensure they appear organically in the search engine results pages
- Implementing technical SEO changes to the websites and testing these to ensure our websites are performing at an optimal level. Particular focus will be given to website speed, schema mark-up and longtail keyword optimisation
- Play an integral part in implementing our voice search strategy, including research, technical optimisation of our own website as well as on devices like Google Home or Amazon Echo to ensure Vets Now’s emergency content is the result of choice
- Support the integration of live chat and bots cross the Vets Now website.Particular significance will be given to ensuring our websites are ready to perform well in voice search and that our automated services are performing well
- Management and reporting of Vets Now local online presence for all locations
- Help plan, run and report on website A/B tests ongoing across all audience sectors
- Managing our data to make informed decisions and report on key metrics aimed at delivering our business objectives
- Undertaking monthly website reporting using tools such as Google Analytics, Excel, PowerPoint and the Google Suite
- Deputies for the search marketing manager on occasion and be a vocal advocate for the importance of digital in supporting business objectives
Skills and Experience
- This role would be ideal for someone with 12-18 months of experience in a digital role such as a digital / SEO executive
- A good understanding of technical SEO to support SEO growth which will include a basic understanding of HTML coding practices, SQL, page speed, microdata schema mark-up, longtail keyword research, redirects and information architecture
- Solid understanding of website calls to actions to support conversions and online customer acquisition and retention with an understanding of digital metrics such as conversion rate and return on investment
- Be up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO with knowledge of ranking factors and how they impact on search engine rankings
- Experience in managing local search for multiple locations
- Knowledge of using content management systems (CMS, WordPress)
- Be up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in digital particularly in voice search, live chat and artificial intelligence.
- A solid understanding of data management and reporting, highly numerate and confident in analysing numbers and spotting trends
- Confident using tools such as Moz, Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms but this is not essential
- High level of attention to detail
- Good time management with project delivery in mind
- A solid understanding of the digital marketing mix
What you can expect
This is a full-time position for 37.5 hours a week that sits within the marketing team at Vets Now.
The position would ideally suit someone educated to degree level in a relevant subject with at least 12-18 months of experience in a search related role.
The successful candidate will gain enviable exposure to the full marketing mix, will have the opportunity to work with some of Scotland’s best agencies, and will work alongside a highly experienced digital team of talented in-house marketing experts.
The job holder will receive a generous package, including 33 days annual holiday (inclusive of public holidays), your birthday off and a contributory pension.
Vets Now is a dog-friendly employer that welcomes dogs in the office – there is a dog policy. We also offer employees free parking, free use of a small company gym and a flexible approach to working hours.
Please get in touch with John in our Marketing team to discuss this role further [email protected]
Applications close on 30 May 2019