About the Job
Technical Service Desk Team Leader
Up to £38,000 DOE plus benefits
Vets Now has experienced impressive growth since its inception 16 years ago and now cares for over 100,000 pets per annum in its supportive network of 58 emergency clinics and 3 specialty hospitals across the UK. The company’s dedicated people work together to ensure they can offer the best emergency and critical care in the country.
Vets Now is committed to investing in the career progression of its people and the company expects its people to be ambitious in their own journey too. Vets Now lives by its core values of innovation, caring, releasing potential and responsibility.
A critical enabler for the organisation to achieve its growth plans will be its innovative technology strategy and its robust Technology Roadmap and service delivery
We are currently recruiting for a permanent Technical Service Desk Team Leader to join our Technology team. The Technology Service Desk Team Leader will be passionate about delivering excellent technology support services to their internal business and clinical customers, always ensuring that wherever possible a resolution is found to end user technology issues with a real focus on the customer and their needs. They will need to be a conscientious and committed individual with real leadership and people management skills to enable them to develop and lead this critical part of the technology team. The individual in this role will need to achieve this through their understanding of Vets Now technologies covering Applications, Networks, Data Centres and Desktops and a strong understanding of ITIL best practise processes and service desk tools, as well as through their knowledge of industry best practise processes and procedures.
Main responsibilities include:
- Ensure all service levels agreed with the wider business are achieved and monitored closely
- Line management, motivation, development and scheduling of 4 Technical Support Analysts who work on an extended business hour shift pattern delivering over the phone and online support
- Assist and develop the Technology Service Desk Team’s knowledge, capability and analysis of complex problems, enabling them to provide end users wherever possible with a 1st time Fix for all appropriate raised incidents before escalation
- Support the Technology Service Desk in the coordination of external 3rd party service provider’s resources to ensure that the appropriate level of service is always provided
- Support the Technology management team with regular Situation Reporting in relation to any major incidents or high priority service tickets impacting on technology performance and wider service delivery
- Support the team’s achievement of internal Case Management target resolution timescales and Service Level Agreements and relation to service ticket management and resolution
- Ensure the team is supported in the development of and implementation of any documented procedures and processes that are in place and kept up to date for the Technical Support Team to enable effective and efficient 1st and 2nd line support capability, measured by an agreed series of internal SLAs
- This role may require the ability to work shifts Mon – Fri outside of the standard 09:00 – 17:00 for some of the 5-day working week, covering on occasion 12:00 to 20:00
- There is a requirement for this critical technology role to be part of an extended hour on call rota and major incident escalation plan covering occasional weekends
- A natural leader with good experience in motivating and developing a very technical, technology focused support and service desk function
- A resilient individual, able to hit the ground running in a dynamic and sometimes challenging environment
- Proven experience in developing and implementing service desk processes and procedures designed to continually improve customer focus and service desk performance
- Previous experience of supporting, coaching and mentoring in the workplace
- A quick and efficient problem solver with excellent communication skills and senior customer focus
- An ability to build strong and professional working relationships with suppliers and senior business and clinical stakeholders
- A team player who can effectively contribute to complex and usually technical team discussions and decision making at both a team and management level
- A real technology enthusiast who enjoys discovering, understanding and implementing new and innovative technologies
- Professional and self-motivated with a commitment to continuous personal development and improvement
- Extensive experience supporting complex technology environments using ITSM tools
- Experience of maintaining business continuity from a technical perspective and effective incident management
Skills and qualifications:
- ITIL Service Management accreditation at least to Foundation level is preferable (covering Incident Management, problem management, change management and CMDB management) but relevant experience will also be considered
- Evidenced leadership and line management capability including the use of Personal Development Plans to track individual and team performance improvements
- A good knowledge and understanding of modern ITSM tools and their application as well as of modern Alert monitoring systems such as PRTG
- Strong understanding of Windows 10 covering all aspects of Office 365, including Exchange Online
- A good understanding of modern networking tools and solutions such as LAN, WAN, Cisco Meraki and industry standard ITSM products
- A good knowledge of Active Directory and its function / utilisation
- A good understanding of Microsoft server, VMware, desktop and MSSQL and VPN Remote Access technologies
- An understanding of modern remote Printer and scanning technologies management and troubleshooting
- An understanding of modern office telephony solutions, such as Mitel, would also be beneficial but it not essential
- MCSA, MCDST preferable but not essential
If you’re a passionate Technology Support Services leader with the skills and experience outlined above, we’d love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications is 24 May 2019.