About the Job
Veterinary Nurse – Full Time
Up to £34,000 DOE plus benefits
Join our Emergency and Critical care service in Vets Now, Dundee
Vets Now are the UK’s leading provider of emergency pet care. Our nationwide network of out-of-hours pet emergency clinics are open through the night, at weekends, and on bank holidays, so we’re ready and waiting to provide the care and support to pets and their owners at the time they need it most.
Help shape the future of Emergency and Critical Care
Advanced monitoring skills, critical care anesthesia, nursing, and caring for complex medical cases are a key part of a vet nurse role at Vets Now.
On shift you will work with a Vet Surgeon and during our busiest times, you will also have the support of an Animal Care Assistant and Vet Receptionist in the clinic and be supported by our Contact Centre and district team on-call.
Our clinics offer a busy and varied caseload allowing the development of your nursing skills and ECC experience.
Vets Now handle the largest emergency caseload in Europe affording you a breadth of opportunity to develop an ECC career.
Start the rewarding career you deserve
The successful applicant in our vet nurse role will be –
- An RCVS registered Veterinary Nurse
- Passionate about caring for our clients and their pets
- Motivated to deliver the exceptional clinic standards that Vets Now is known for
- Experience in an ECC environment is advantageous
A full-time role with Vets Now consists of 40 hours per week, 1 in 2 weekends which includes a weekend of days and a weekend of nights, the remaining shifts are weeknight night shifts, allowing you to find that perfect work-life balance.
Week 1: Tuesday and Wednesday from 19:00 to 09:00, Saturday from 12:00 to 19:00 and Sunday from 08:30 to 20:30
Week 2: Wednesday and Thursday from 19:00 to 09:00
Week 3: Tuesday and Wednesday from 19:00 to 09:00, Saturday from 12:00 to 19:00 and Sunday from 08:30 to 20:30
Week 4: Wednesday and Thursday from 19:00 to 09:00
We do have a degree of flexibility with the weekend shift times.
Your health and wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Membership in employee wellbeing programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity policy including 6 months full pay
- Family-friendly policies including paternity and adoption pay schemes
Your work-life balance
- 7 weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Paid volunteering days
- £1125 CPD allowance increasing annually plus 20 paid hours pro rata
- ECC certificate support – financial and paid study leave
Your professional memberships
- RCVS fees
- VDS cover
Your additional benefits
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Death in service of two times the annual salary
For further information on this role please call Julia in our recruitment team at 07535651164 or email [email protected]