About the Job
Senior Veterinary Surgeon
Up to £85,000 DOE plus benefits
Lead from the front at Vets Now Doncaster
As a Senior Vet, you will unlock potential, develop skills and offer support whenever needed. Coupled with a diverse range of cases, you will lead from the front in achieving high quality patient care, excellent client care and encourage a teamwork mentality whilst being in a fully supported environment.
Working out of hours doesn’t mean working all hours
Working an average of 40 hours per week on a full-time basis, your rota pattern will involve a mix of weekday nights, weekend days and nights and a share of bank holidays and will feature no more than three nights in a row. You will be allocated time for management tasks and these can be completed in the comfort of your own home, or wherever you choose to work.
On-going professional development
Vets Now are committed to investing in the career progression of our people and we expect our Senior Vets to take control of their own career through challenging themselves. We will support all employees in pursuing a particular interest and offer exceptional mentoring programmes. We make a real impact on the wider profession by driving clinical research and, by joining the Vets Now family, you will be at the forefront of clinical excellence.
Great place to work
We offer a first class benefits and rewards package that could include:
- Private medical insurance
- Membership of employee wellbeing programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity policy including 6 months full pay
- Family-friendly policies including paternity and adoption pay schemes
- Seven weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Paid volunteering days
- £1,875 CPD allowance increasing annually plus 35 paid hours pro rata
- ECC certificate support – financial and paid study leave
- Leadership Development programme
- RCVS fees
- VECCS membership
- VDS cover
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Death in service of two times annual salary
Give yourself the AdvantEdge
We can also offer a place on our two-week AdvantEdge programme. Designed for experienced Veterinary Surgeons who want to refresh or cement their emergency and critical care knowledge and skills, the programme contains 75 hours of CPD and concludes with a surgical wet lab practical weekend.
If you are interested to learn more about this role and joining the Vets Now Doncaster team, please get in touch with Anne in our Talent team on 07860 404646 or through [email protected]