About the Job
Bournemouth – Veterinary Surgeon – Weekend
Up to £45ph DOE plus benefits
Make your weekends work at Vets Now
Vets Now Bournemouth is a thriving clinic with an interesting caseload. Whether you are working a second job or looking to get more ECC experience, this is a great opportunity to further your own knowledge and work with a team who are passionate about progressing the world of emergency and critical care.
As a Vet Surgeon at Vets Now Bournemouth, you will also benefit from ongoing mentorship. As a location Bournemouth offers scenic outdoor attractions and has accessible transport links.
Build your ECC career around your lifestyle
Our Bournemouth clinic has a weekend Vet Surgeon opportunity available, where the shifts typically include the option of working every weekend or 1:2 weekends, where available, plus a fair share of bank holidays.
Weekend shift times available at our Bournemouth clinic include:
- Saturdays 12pm – 7:30pm or 3pm – 12am
- Sundays 4pm – 10pm or 6pm – 12am
The 12pm – 7:30pm Saturday shift is typically available on a 1:4 rota and the 3pm – 12am Saturday shift is usually available every weekend. The Sunday shifts are typically available every Sunday.
Furthermore, the option to work 1:3 weekends, 1:4 weekends or 3:4 weekends, where available, could be considered. As well as the option to work Saturday only, Sunday only, or both. We will work with you to find a rota that fits around your lifestyle and clinic requirements.
We look after you, so you can look after them
At Vets Now we recognise that our people are what makes us. That’s why we are continuing to invest in first class reward and recognition benefits and initiatives.
- Private medical insurance
- Membership of employee wellbeing programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity policy including 6 months full pay
- Family-friendly policies including paternity and adoption pay schemes
- 7 weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Paid volunteering days
- £1500 CPD allowance plus 35 paid hours pro rata
- ECC certificate support – financial and paid study leave
- Access to our Edge programmes
- RCVS fees
- VECCS membership
- VDS cover
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Death in service of two times annual salary
Give yourself the AdvantEdge
We can also offer a place on our two-week programme, AdvantEdge. Designed for experienced Vets who want to refresh or cement their emergency and critical care knowledge and skills, AdvantEdge is available on all contract sizes, large or small.
To be considered for this role, please click apply. To get in touch with Angie in our Talent team to discuss further, please email [email protected] or call 078 150 15538.