About the Job
Bedfordshire – Veterinary Surgeon – Roving
Up to £90,000 DOE pro rata plus benefits
Are you ready for a work life less ordinary?
As a Roving Vet Surgeon, you will thrive within an ever-changing environment; working in our emergency clinics across Milton Keynes and Barton-le-Clay (High Wycombe can also be considered).
Vets Now is at the forefront of emergency and critical care, saving the lives of pets each and every day. Working as an emergency Vet Surgeon will expose you to an interesting range of cases that you simply won’t see in general practice.
Working out of hours doesn’t mean working all hours
Our opportunity involves working 1:2 weekends, weeknights plus a fair share of Bank Holidays. Shifts will be split over the clinics overall but usually in blocks of no more than three shifts and where possible these will be placed in one clinic with rest time before the next block in another clinic.
Shift times will vary depending on clinic, day and type (core or back) of shift. Rota pattern will be built sympathetically to travel time across the different clinics.
As with any role within Vets Now we appreciate that one size doesn’t fit all. Finding the right work/life balance for you is our priority, so we are happy to consider this role on a full-time or part-time basis.
Develop your skills with an interesting caseload
With such a varied caseload, emergency Vets will be continually challenged medically and surgically. This is an opportunity for an individual that likes to work in a larger team whilst being supported with a strong mentoring and development ethos.
We look after you, so you can look after them
At Vets Now we recognise that our people are what makes us. That’s why we are continuing to invest in first class reward and recognition benefits and initiatives.
- Private medical insurance
- Membership of employee wellbeing programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity policy including 6 months full pay
- Family-friendly policies including paternity and adoption pay schemes
- 7 weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Paid volunteering days
- £1500 CPD allowance plus 35 paid hours pro rata
- ECC certificate support – financial and paid study leave
- Access to our Edge programmes
- RCVS fees
- VECCS membership
- VDS cover
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Death in service of two times annual salary
At Vets Now, we are passionate about training and the ongoing development of our employees. If this vacancy is of interest and you feel you would benefit from an enhanced induction into our business, then the below option may be perfect for you:
AdvantEdge: Two-week programme for experienced, talented Vets that will fast track them into a successful emergency role.
To be considered for this role, please click apply. To get in touch with Tom in our Talent team to discuss further, please email [email protected] or call 07890897894.