About the Job
Barnet – Veterinary Surgeon – Weekend
Up to £40ph DOE plus benefits
Make your weekends work at Vets Now Barnet
Vets Now Barnet is based out of IVC Evidensia’s Wood Street Veterinary Hospital, covering the Out of Hours Service. Barnet as a location offers accessible transport links, outdoor scenery and easy access into central London.
Whether you are working a second job or looking to get more ECC experience, this is a great opportunity to further your own knowledge and work with a team who are passionate about progressing the world of emergency and critical care.
Build your ECC career around your lifestyle
Weekend Vet Surgeon shift opportunities at Vets Now Barnet, could include working 1:2 weekends, 1:3 weekends or 1:4 weekends. Typically shift options could include; day shifts or backshifts, plus a fair share of bank holidays. The option to work Saturdays only, Sundays only, or both could also be considered.
The available weekend shift times usually include;
- Saturday day shifts, 12pm – 7:30pm
- Sunday day shifts, 8:30am – 7:30pm
- Saturday backshifts, 4pm – 10pm
- Sunday backshifts, 2pm – 10pm
We look after you, so you can look after them
At Vets Now we recognise that our people are what makes us. That’s why we are continuing to invest in first class reward and recognition benefits and initiatives.
- Private medical insurance
- Membership of employee wellbeing programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity policy including 6 months full pay
- Family-friendly policies including paternity and adoption pay schemes
- 7 weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Paid volunteering days
- £1500 CPD allowance plus 35 paid hours pro rata
- ECC certificate support – financial and paid study leave
- Access to our Edge programmes
- RCVS fees
- VECCS membership
- VDS cover
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Death in service of two times annual salary
Give yourself the AdvantEdge
We can also offer a place on our two-week programme, AdvantEdge. Designed for experienced Vets who want to refresh or cement their emergency and critical care knowledge and skills, AdvantEdge is available on all contract sizes, large or small.
To be considered for this role, please click apply. To get in touch with Tom in our Talent team to discuss further, please email [email protected] or call 07890897894.