Our culture and values
Giving people and their pet the care and support they deserve at the time they need it most is what drives us and our people.
We understand that working in the veterinary profession, particularly in ECC, is a vocation and not just a job. As a Vets Now clinician, we will support you to be the dedicated veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse you trained to be. This ethos applies to everyone in the Vets Now family, including our dedicated support teams, who are all made up of true experts in their field. Whether that’s our learning and development professionals who support the continued learning of our teams, our technology analysts who maintain our IT infrastructure, or our skilled people services advisors who support our employees each and every day.
We recognise that each and every individual in the Vets Now family has a part to play in our success. That’s why when we say we offer you a work life less ordinary, we really mean it.
What’s important to us
When you join our team we make one another a mutual promise based on our four company values.
- Caring — Together we show compassion and empathy in our interactions
- Innovation — Together we ask ourselves ‘how can we make things better?'
- Releasing Potential — Together we strive to be the best we can be
- Responsibility — Together we take ethical, evidence-based decisions
Our values apply to us all, whether we have been working at Vets Now for 10 minutes or 10 years. They define what we should expect of our colleagues and what our colleagues will expect of us.
Our culture is what makes us special (and different)
But it’s more than just our values that shape your life at Vets Now. Our culture is what makes us special (and different).
- We’re proud of our open learning culture. Everyone across Vets Now shares their experiences and thoughts; in recognition that there are often many ways to approach an emergency case
- We have a just culture. We recognise that people are sometimes unsure and make mistakes but as long we have made our best judgement at the time and take accountability for our actions then these are opportunities to learn. However you’re not alone, we provide support and guidance to help our clinicians navigate challenging ethical and moral decision-making, develop resilience and maintain the highest levels of professionalism
- Ultimately we want to deliver the highest quality care tailored to the needs of the specific animal and owner, recognising that different owners will want different things for their pets; we work collaboratively with them. To do this it’s essential that our clinicians have clinical freedom. We don’t set targets for clinical work; feedback provided by our benchmarks is used to support the development of our clinical teams, not measure their performance
Together, we’re making the profession better.
Celebrating our team
Recognising achievement and celebrating success is an important part of the Vets Now ethos.
- Each year Vets Now staff who go above and beyond for their patients and colleagues are recognised at a special awards ceremony. The Making a Difference, or MAD, awards see plaudits handed to staff members and teams for their hard work and dedication.
- However it’s not just about our awards, everyone in Vets Now is encouraged to nominate their colleagues who they believe are living and breathing our values daily. Every member of the board, including our founder Richard and CEO Mark, read every values submission, and each quarter one member of our team is recognised with an award for the amazing contribution they are making.
Discover a work life less ordinary
Working for Vets Now lets me pursue my passion in emergency and critical care, as well as having plenty of family time at home with my partner and little boy. Vets Now is a fantastic company to work for as they make sure to always give you plenty of support and encouragement.
Interested in finding out more?
At Vets Now, out of hours doesn’t mean all hours and we offer you the freedom to be the vet you trained to be.
To find out more about working out of hours with Vets Now, please contact us 01383 841181 or email our talent team directly.