About the Job
Sutton – Veterinary Surgeon – Weekend
Up to £40ph DOE plus benefits
Make your weekends work at Vets Now
Whether you are working a second job or looking to get more ECC experience, this is a great opportunity to further your own knowledge and work with a team who are passionate about progressing the world of emergency and critical care.
Build your ECC career around your lifestyle
Our Sutton clinic has weekend Vet Surgeon shift opportunities available, where the shifts typically include 1:2 weekends, shift options could include; day shifts, backshifts or night shifts, plus a fair share of bank holidays.
Available shift times include:
- Saturday day shift 12:00-19:30
- Saturday backshift 10:00-22:00
- Saturday night shift 19:00-09:00
- Sunday day shift 08:30-19:30
- Sunday backshift 10:00-22:00 / Sunday backshift 14:00-00:00
- Sunday night shift 19:00-09:00
3:4, 1:3 or 1:4 weekends can also be considered, as well as the option to work Saturday only, Sunday only, or both.
Take control of your own career progression
With our excellent training and development opportunities, you will have a platform to thrive in an out of hours environment. Working in this ECC setting you will see a varied caseload which will sharpen and develop your veterinary skills.
We look after you, so you can look after them
At Vets Now we recognise that our people are what makes us. That’s why we are continuing to invest in first class reward and recognition benefits and initiatives.
- Private medical insurance
- Membership of employee wellbeing programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity policy including 6 months full pay
- Family-friendly policies including paternity and adoption pay schemes
- 7 weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Paid volunteering days
- £1500 CPD allowance plus 35 paid hours pro rata
- ECC certificate support – financial and paid study leave
- Access to our Edge programmes
- RCVS fees
- VECCS membership
- VDS cover
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Death in service of two times annual salary
Give yourself the AdvantEdge
We can also offer a place on our two-week programme, AdvantEdge. Designed for experienced Vets who want to refresh or cement their emergency and critical care knowledge and skills, AdvantEdge is available on all contract sizes, large or small.
Please get in touch with Tom in our Talent team to discuss on 07890897894 or email [email protected]