About the Job
Veterinary Surgeon – Weekend
Up to £40ph DOE
Make your weekends work at Vets Now!
Vets Now Gillingham is a thriving and supportive clinic with a diverse caseload.
Whether you’re studying for a certificate, looking for a second income, or looking to further your ECC experience, this is a great opportunity to further your own knowledge and work with a team who are passionate about progressing the world of emergency and critical care.
At Vets now Gillingham, make your weekends work for you. How many shifts you work a month is up to you, giving you the perfect balance between your work and personal life. The shift times are below:
- Saturday: 12pm – 7.30pm
- Sunday: 8.30am – 7.30pm
Or if working back shift is more what you are looking for those shifts are:
- Saturday: 12:00 or 16:00 till 00:00
- Sunday: 8:00 to 14:00 or 14:00 to 00:00
With access to the largest ECC caseload in Europe, this role will be both stimulating and rewarding allowing you to break up the routine of day practice. What else could entice you to work weekends?
Along with rate of pay up to £40ph DOE, we also offer an outstanding benefits package which includes the following:
- Private medical insurance
- Membership of employee wellbeing programme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity policy including six months full pay
- Family-friendly policies including paternity and adoption pay schemes
- Seven weeks pro rata annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Paid volunteering days
- £1,500 CPD allowance plus 35 paid hours pro rata
- ECC certificate support – financial and paid study leave
- Access to our ‘Edge’ programmes
- RCVS fees, VECCS membership and VDS cover
- Vets Now For You – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Up to 50% discounted staff pet care
- Death in service of two times annual salary
At Vets Now, we are passionate about training and the ongoing development of our employees. If this vacancy is of interest and you feel you would benefit from an enhanced induction into our business then the option below may be perfect for you:
AdvantEdge – Two week programme for experienced, talented Vets that will fast track them into a successful emergency role.
For further information about joining our Gillingham team, please contact Jess in our Talent team on [email protected] or call 07890 911217