About the Job
Senior Applications Business Analyst
Up to £38,000 DOE plus benefits
Vets Now has experienced impressive growth since its inception 16 years ago and now cares for over 100,000 pets per annum in its supportive network of 58 emergency clinics and 3 specialty hospitals across the UK. The company’s dedicated people work together to ensure they can offer the best Emergency and Critical Care in the country.
Vets Now is committed to investing in the career progression of its people and the company expects its people to be ambitious in their own journey too. Vets Now lives by its core values of innovation, caring, releasing potential and responsibility.
A critical enabler for the organisation to achieve its growth plans will be its innovative technology strategy and the organisation are now looking to add to their Technology Team by creating the position of Senior Applications Business Analyst.
The Senior Applications Business Analyst will lead and manage a team of Application Support and Development experts by developing and delivering a detailed and innovative prioritised Application Roadmap, aligned to the emerging Technology Roadmap and Strategy for the organisation.
This senior role in the Technology Team will ensure that all the Vets Now current and future Applications are sustainable, scalable and entirely user focused and will be a trusted advisor to the Technology Change Manager and the Head of Technical Delivery.
The role will be responsible for developing and implementing the Vets Now Application Release Management process and Release Plan and will be integral in the ongoing development of the organisations end user focused, application landscape.
In addition to developing and innovating the organisations application suite, the role will be responsible for ensuring that ongoing all complex application issues (3rd line), are resolved within SLA and will work closely with critical vendors to maintain challenging and beneficial Service Improvement Plans in line with current IT service management methodologies.
Finally, this dynamic role will lead or heavily support the technology team on all in-flight and pipeline organisational projects and innovations that require development to existing or new applications.
- Lead and performance manage a team of Application Development and Support Analysts and provide direction on priorities and work stack plans.
- Develop and implement Team development plans.
- Act as supplier manager to the key Vets Now Applications vendor. This includes conducting regular service reviews and cost analysis.
- Map the development of the key Vets Now systems and create detailed and innovative roadmaps to ensure Vets Now are at the forefront of technology in the sector.
- Develop and be responsible for the on-going leadership and management of a robust Release Management process, work closely with senior business stakeholders for all business back office and frontline Applications to ensure the on-going effectiveness of the release of application improvements deriving from End User feedback.
- Manage the development, review, test and deploy plans for all new functionality within Vets Now current and future application suite and compile a detailed Application Development and Consolidation Plan for current and future applications in conjunction with the Head of Technical Delivery and CTO.
- Perform quality assurance and testing on new functions, processes and systems, including code review from developers/suppliers with a strong emphasis on Data Reporting integrity and accuracy as well as Application performance through the use of planned Application Non-Functional Testing.
- Ensure the team provide application/backend support to Vets Now staff in their day to day use of internal applications and systems (Payroll, HR, BI Reporting and Practise Management systems)
- Work closely with the Technology Service Manager to ensure consistent and stable delivery of applications and where necessary create and manage Service Improvement Plans with both internal technical and external vendor teams with regular communications and updates back to the Vets Now business stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Head of Technical Delivery to ensure application and database maintenance plans are current and being performed on a regular basis to support the Vets Now Application Suite, both current and future.
- Work closely with the Senior Business, Technology Change Manager and CTO to help define requirements for new systems and enhancements in alignment to the Technology Roadmap and New Innovations space.
- Ensure that the team investigate and resolve escalated incidents and requests logged within the ITSM toolset within their allocated SLA and manage team performance against target. User industry best practice methodologies such as ITIL and RAID.
- Work alongside the Technology Change Manager and CTO providing input and direction into the Application elements of the Technology Strategy to ensure Vets Now have a sustainable, industry leading, dynamic application landscape.
- Understand the use project management methodologies such as Prince 2, Agile and MSP to enable the Application Delivery Team to be able to effectively support organisational projects and initiatives.
- A quick and efficient problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with critical suppliers and business stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and prioritise your own and team’s workload to align to the Technology Strategy and consolidated roadmap.
- A proactive decision maker with the technical knowledge and business understanding to make the right call for Vets Now.
- A proactive thinker who is happy to look for creative solutions to problems or different ways of working.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Be a technology enthusiast who enjoys discovering and implementing new applications.
- A strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Application development and support skills in relation to PMS, CRM and BI.
- The discretion, integrity and confidentially to work as the leader of a small but highly technical team.
- The ability to set the pace and work ethic for others to follow.
- The flexibility and willingness to travel as necessary.
- The gravitas and work ethic to become a trusted leader within the Technology Team.
- Flexible approach to working with a requirement to be part of an on call rota.
- Strong windows skills covering all aspects of Office but also including Office 365.
- Experience in SQL query development.
- Strong understanding of CRM applications, knowledge of Veterinary Practice Management Systems would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of web services (IIS) and service orientated architecture. (SOA)
- Understanding of .NET technology and development.
- Understanding of development languages and methodologies (C#) would be beneficial.
- Understanding of Microsoft server (2012/2016) and desktop technologies.
- Understanding of MSSQL server failover, configuration, replication and business continuance.
- Understanding of ITIL methodology (change, incident, problem.)
- Knowledge of SharePoint administration would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of deployment techniques and tools would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of JIRA would be beneficial.
If you have the skills and experience required to add value in this critical role, we’d love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications is 30 May 2019.