About the Job
Job Description – Paid Search Media Executive (PPC)
Vets Now is the UK’s leading provider of emergency and out-of-hours care for pets and one of the fastest-growing companies in the country. Every year our emergency vets and vet nurses treat more than 150,000 pets. Together we save pets’ lives.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a paid media executive to support the search marketing manager in implementing our digital marketing strategy. With a strong focus on PPC, one of the primary responsibilities of this role will be to take our Google Ads and Bing accounts to the next level.
We are looking for someone with a passion and natural flair for PPC, is data focussed in their decision making and results-driven.
This position will reward someone who is a self-starter with initiative, ambition and a strong desire to learn and progress their career. The paid search media executive will be based at the Vets Now support office situated between Edinburgh and Dunfermline, Fife.
- Day-to-day management of Google Ads and Bing Ads PPC accounts including, but not limited to, budget and bid management, ad schedule adjustments, fine-tuning our ad extensions etc
- Analyse search terms, identify and implement strong buying keywords as well as negatives
- Analysing return on investment of all PPC campaigns and optimise campaigns to maximise their return on ad spend (ROAS)
- Analyse trends and make data-driven decisions to optimise activity
- Write compelling ad copy and make creative copy suggestions for localised search
- Plan, run and report on ad copy and landing page A/B tests
- Conduct competitor monitoring/reporting and putting together plans to stand out from the crowd
- Undertaking monthly reporting using tools such as Google Analytics, Excel and Google Slides
- Support our paid social media efforts, including setting and optimising campaigns, writing copy and engaging with the audience
Skills and Experience
- This role would be ideal for someone with 12-18 months of experience in a PPC role
- Solid understanding and experience optimising PPC accounts for conversion. You must be comfortable with optimising for conversion rates, CPAs and ROAS
- Good understanding of user journeys through website calls to actions and copywriting to support conversions and online customer acquisition and retention
- Be up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in search engine marketing and social media advertising
- High level of attention to detail
- Good time management with project delivery in mind
- Highly numerate and confident in analysing numbers and spotting trends
- Friendly team player who can show that they employ a collaborative approach to their work
- A confident individual who has the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues at all levels across the business and external partners
Salary and Benefits
- Salary up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience
- 33 days annual holiday (inclusive of public holidays)
- 37.5 hours per week, with the opportunity for this to be flexible for the right person. Working hours and pattern will be discussed at interview stage
- Free use of a small company gym
- Vets Now is a dog-friendly employer that welcomes dogs in the office
What you can expect
The successful candidate will gain enviable exposure to the full marketing mix, will have the opportunity to work with some of Scotland’s best agencies, and will work alongside an experienced search marketer and a wider team of talented in-house marketing experts.