Unlock your potential
At Vets now we take extra time to invest in training and professional development and we understand that as vets and vet nurses, it’s your responsibility to maintain and develop the knowledge and skills relevant to your professional practice That’s why with us you not only receive a generous CPD allowance but also the support, coaching and mentoring to make the most of every opportunity.
A work life more inspiring
- To give you the best start, we’ll also support you through a comprehensive induction programme. For many vets and veterinary nurses, this is through one of our Edge programmes.
- Our clinical development team has developed a unique programme of training and courses to continue your learning and development as you progress in your role.
- We understand it can be challenging to hold down a demanding job and study at the same time, so our training is diverse and flexible, offering different options depending on your needs. You can study online at a time and place that suits you, attend onsite training sessions with your district team, day seminars, and of course, our annual emergency and critical care UK Congress.
- For all veterinary surgeons and principal nurse managers, we support and refund VECCS membership, to access online journals and receive discounted rates on IVECCS and EVECC Congress.
- If you manage a team, you’ll also receive leadership development training to help you make the most of your people’s talents and abilities.
Learning and development at our heart
Of course, continuous professional development is not just limited to vets and vet nurses. For our receptionists, animal care assistants or clinic administrators, there are plenty of opportunities available to encourage you to learn and develop, such as completing the Veterinary Practice Client Care Award, or Level 2 Diploma for veterinary care assistants. For members of our support office team, we encourage ongoing professional development relevant to your role whether it be HR, marketing, finance or IT.
Learning and development opportunities at a glance
- Generous CPD allowance
- Comprehensive induction
- Coaching and mentoring from experienced ECC clinicians
- Flexible training – online, onsite & day seminars
- Annual ECC Congress
- VECCS membership
- Support for Advanced Practitioner (ECC) qualification
- Cert VN ECC
- Leadership development
Sound like the kind of learning culture you’d like to be part of?
At Vets Now, out-of-hours doesn’t mean all hours and offers you the freedom to be the vet you trained to be.
To find out more about working out-of-hours with Vets Now, please contact us 01383 841181 or email our talent team directly.