Our Veterinary Nutritionist is Dr Marge Chandler – DVM, MS, MANZCVSc, DACVN, DACVIM, DECVIM-CA, MRCVS
Marge Chandler qualified as a doctor of veterinary medicine from Colorado State University in 1984. She has also worked as a senior lecturer in internal medicine and clinical nutrition at the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, Edinburgh.
Marge is a veterinary specialist in small animal clinical nutrition with a diploma from the American College of Veterinary Nutrition and a Masters of Science in Nutrition. In addition she is an American and European Specialist in small animal internal medicine with an in-depth knowledge of internal medicine and clinical nutrition.
Proper nutrition is vital for the health and recovery of dogs and cats and Vets Now is delighted to offer a nutrition advice service to all referral veterinary surgeons from our Manchester, Glasgow and Swindon hospitals.
The scope of the Nutrition Service includes:
- Commercial diet recommendations
- Critical care nutrition
- Customized weight loss programmes
- Consultation for therapeutic diets for disease conditions
- The evaluation and formulation of home-prepared diets.
- Many of the recipes for homemade diets found in books, or on the internet, are not complete and balanced. Diet evaluation by a nutritionist will ensure that the diet is adequate and appropriate.
Generally, this service can be provided via email, without requiring that the owner visit the referral hospital, and recommendations and advice can be provided direct to yourself to pass on to your client.