Your Brave Pet Stories

Paw printsEvery year we see and treat hundreds of pets, all of which are special to us. Here you can read the stories of just some of the brave patients that have visited our clinics across the UK. 

Our monthly Brave Pet Awards celebrate our bravest patients, who have still managed to wag their tails and put on a brave face despite their treatment.

For your pet's chance to win the title and some well deserved treats, upload their story.

Filter stories by:

Springer Spaniel Gem delivers ten thriving pups
"Formidable team" deliver 10 healthy, thriving pups!

When Gem ran into problems having her first litter of pups recently, her owner called his regular practice for assistance. Being out of hours, he was directed to Vets Now. Gem’s owner soon found that his initial concerns with the unfamiliar service were totally unfounded, with the Vets Now team proving to be “truly formidable”.

Read story...

Jake's visit to Vets Now
All's well for Jake, after 'excellent' veterinary care & plenty of puppy love

Getting your first puppy can be an unnerving time. After taking Jake for his first check-up, his owners picked up a Vets Now card, which found its way to a fridge magnet on the fridge door. It stayed there until Saturday 15th June, when Jake was suffering repeated bouts of sickness, which gradually got worse. His owners were concerned, so called the Vets Now Kilmarnock.

Read story...

Buddys Story
Buddy the cheeky Shih-tzu eats his owner's underwear

Buddy is a very cheeky, playful and mischievous, but loving dog. When he stole his owner's underwear from a washing basket and swallowed it, he bit off more than he could chew, and was rushed to Vets Now St Helens.

Read story...

RosieTheWestieStory
Rosie the Westie swallows a pear – whole!

Eating pears may be a regular activity for humans, but Rosie the West Highland Terrier took getting her five a day to extremes when she swallowed one whole while out on a walk. When she started choking and coughing up foam, Rosie's owners rushed her to Vets Now Northolt.

Read story...

Vic's Story
Vic the Degu gives birth to 4 healthy pups!

Kate's lovely Degu, Vic, had been expecting for a while. She began giving birth, but sadly six hours and one stillbirth later, she was still struggling with rest of the litter. After a phone call to Vets Now Sheffield, she was brought in for examination where delivery by caesarean section was advised.

Read story...

Lottie
Things go disastrously wrong when Lottie the Chihuahua attempts to help with the DIY

Poor Lottie had been attempting to help with the DIY at home when things went disastrously wrong. Knocked unconscious at home, she was still very dazed and unable to stand by the time she reached the clinic. Lottie was tiny, weighing in at barely over 1kg, so to survive something 20 times heavier than herself falling on her meant she was already showing herself to be a fighter.

Read story...

Millie's story
Millie the kitten eats lily flowers

I (Millie) managed to get to some Lily flowers I wasn't supposed to get near and tried to eat them (you can see the pollen around my face in my picture!). I had to stay at Vets Now overnight while they made me all better! But thanks to your quick treatment and the several days of continued fluids, I am now home safe and enjoying all the fuss from my worried parents!

Read story...

Josh's story
Josh's story

Handsome Josh, seen here showing off his best sunbathing pose, was recently treated at Vets Now Referrals, Glasgow with a severe bite wound to his chest and broken ribs. He had a tough time, but is now very happy to be back home getting spoiled!

Read story...

Peewee
Tomcat Peewee suffers from a painful blocked urethra

This is my wee cat Peewee. Peewee was brought to Vets Now in Glasgow because he had a blocked urethra and was unable to go to the toilet. I was unsure of what the problem was, but I knew he was not well. I contacted Vets Now, who advised that Peewee needed to come into the clinic immediately as he had a very serious and life threatening condition.

Read story...

Bronte's Story
Every sweet has its sour

Bronte was rushed to Vets Now early in the morning after she sneakily stole a 250g packet of granulated xylitol off the kitchen counter. She managed to eat approximately half of the contents before her owner managed to prise it out of her mouth. Within 15 minutes Bronte vomited, became weak, uncoordinated and collapsed.

Read story...