Your Brave Pet Stories

Paw printsEvery year we see and treat hundreds of pets, all of which are special to us. Here you can read the stories of just some of the brave patients that have visited our clinics across the UK. 

Our monthly Brave Pet Awards celebrate our bravest patients, who have still managed to wag their tails and put on a brave face despite their treatment.

For your pet's chance to win the title and some well deserved treats, upload their story.

Filter stories by:

Winnie
'Tiny terror' and Vets Now regular, Winnie, recovers well after her 3rd visit

I call Winnie my tiny terror. She is very small and cute but has a huge personality! She is my protector and my best pal. For being only three she has had a lot of health issues and sometimes it seems never-ending. If she just stopped eating things she shouldn't we may spend less time at hospital!

Read story...

Angus
Despite needing follow up treatment, Angus is back to his usual playful self

I took Angus to Vets Now in Glasgow on Thursday the 6th of February after he was attacked by another dog whilst we had him out for a walk. He was bitten on the neck and his wound was so deep that you could see his veins pulsing. We took him to Vets Now straight away and were taken straight to surgery. We spoke to the vet and he said Angus was lucky to be alive and the surgery could be risky. Luckily we got a phone to say his surgery went well

Read story...

Roscoe
Roscoe visits us after eating something that got stuck

Roscoe went to Vets Now a very poorly puppy. He'd eaten something that had gotten stuck, caused a lot of internal damage and peritonitis. Roscoe went to Vets Now for his night time care and spent two nights there. The receptionist and Alyssa the vet, were both friendly, professional, knowledgeable and very compassionate.

Read story...

Pippa
Pippa's Christmas comeback

Pippa had a very bad fit the Sunday before Christmas, which had been going for over half an hour when Pippa's owners brought her into Vets Now. The clinic team quickly calmed Pippa down and managed to help her rest. Following the fit Pippa was extremely tired and suffered a temporary loss of vision - but with a good nights sleep she was able to see again.

Pippa soon returned home, and over the next couple of days she completely recovered!

Read story...

Alfie's Story
After lots of TLC tiny Alfie makes a full recovery and is back home for Christmas

We had Alfie only a week when he became ill... Or should I say nearly died... Without Vets Now Luton we would have lost Alfie. He had lost everything in his body that made him work. I can't express the work and dedication the clinic gave Alfie - even aftercare. Thank you so much. Thanks to you all Alfie had a fab christmas xxx

Read story...

Bella's Story
Bella recovers from a road accident

Bella was brought into Vets Now in the evening on Christmas day after she was unfortunately hit by a car, and was suffering from breathing difficulties and a fractured leg. Bella had to stay in hospital for a week to have her chest drained and have surgery, but after being treated Bella made a tremendous recovery was back home with her owner on New Year’s day.

Read story...

Tiny
Tiny's Story

My Chihuahua ‘Tiny’ had given birth on 23rd December. All went well but nine days later we started to have complications. Tiny's milk seemed to be drying up and I was worried about her general heath. I was away from home visiting my parents so I had no local vet, plus it was New Year’s day! I was so worried but managed to get in touch with Vets Now

Read story...

Tigger
Tigger

Tigger was really unwell with his kidneys not working. We took him to Vets Now on Xmas Eve, where he was put on a drip. It's so hard to watch your beloved pet unwell but when I took Tigger to Vets Now you can see how dedicated the staff are, with your pet, it makes you feel so much better about leaving them knowing they are in very caring hands

Read story...

Alfie eats M&Ms
Alfie's in touble after eating M&Ms

When I arrived home at 8pm to find my Aunties dog, Alfie (who I was looking after) had eaten more than his fair share of M&Ms, I was very worried. As the night went on he became  more unwell, and at 00:30 I contacted Vets Now Southampton for advice.

Read story...

Jess story - the dangers of dog flea products to cats
Jess warns of the dangers of dog flea products to cats

After accidentally using a dog flea product on Jess, her owners would like to warn everyone of the dangers of dog flea products to cats, and to ensure they check the product as it's not always clear.

Read story...