About the Job
Vets Now is the UK’s leading provider of emergency and out-of-hours care for pets and one of the fastest growing companies in the country. Every year our emergency vets and vet nurses treat more than 150,000 pets. Together we save pets’ lives.
As a result of our continued advancement, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a marketing executive to join our team in implementing our marketing strategy for commercial growth.
As our commercial growth marketing executive, you’ll be supporting marketing strategies and campaigns to increase awareness of the Vets Now brand as the UK’s leading and most trusted provider of pet emergency care in the UK. Specifically, you’ll be working to support commercial growth from the pet owner and vet professional markets.
We’re looking for a strong ‘all-rounder’ for the role. A creative self-starter with initiative, ambition and a desire to learn all things veterinary. You’ll be working in a pacy environment and be part of a talented marketing team of 16.
- Support multi-channel awareness and direct response campaigns, across both online and offline channels and both consumer and B2B audiences
- Be our email superuser in the team. You’ll support both our pet owner membership email strategy and our vet professional B2B emails and will build journeys, A/B test campaigns and abide by email best practices
- Work with external agencies and suppliers to produce print, direct mail, fulfilment, digital assets, etc. This includes briefing and managing amendment requests, collateral management and print fulfilment; essentially you’ll be supporting our clinics and partner practices with any servicing needs they may have
- Support any clinic openings and relocations from a marketing perspective
- Support the delivery and marketing of our national CPD events and our national exhibition attendance
- Update content on our website
- Monitor key competitor activity, analytics and attribution activity for your customer segment, ensuring we can identify successful channels for delivering on both brand awareness and direct response objectives
- Support monthly reporting across all pet owner and vet professional audiences to show the impact of our work on the agreed KPIs
- Be a self-starter and organisation should be your strong suit
- Be a great communicator, and be able to present plans and activity to stakeholders
- Be a strong copywriter and be able to adapt your writing style depending on the audience and tone, conversation and content
- Have some experience of a wide range of marketing activities, both online (e.g. social) and traditional marketing campaigns, incl. direct mail, ATL, point of sale, signage and print
- Have experience using email software, importing data and building email campaigns
- Have a good working knowledge of web analytics and understand the digital marketing mix
- Be someone who really pays attention to detail and often finds themselves spotting other people’s mistakes – and isn’t too shy to point it out!
- Have a great grasp of grammar and written English
- Love an Excel spreadsheet – you’ll use them a lot!
- Be highly numerate and keen to understand the metrics and trends in what you are doing so you can refocus campaigns when required
What you can expect
- This is a full-time position for 37.5 hours a week that sits within the marketing team at Vets Now.
- The position would ideally suit someone educated to degree level in a relevant subject with at least 12-18 months of experience in a marketing role.
- The successful candidate will gain enviable exposure to the full marketing mix, will have the opportunity to work with some of Scotland’s best agencies, and will work alongside a highly experienced digital team of in-house marketing experts.
- The job holder will receive a generous package, including 33 days annual holiday (inclusive of public holidays), your birthday off and a contributory pension.
- Vets Now is a dog-friendly employer that welcomes dogs in the office – there is a dog policy. We also offer employees free parking, free use of a small company gym and a flexible approach to working hours.
Please note the role will involve UK travel throughout the year to support our CPD and events strategy.
Please get in touch with Laura in our Marketing team to discuss this role further [email protected]
Applications close Wednesday 29th May 2019