About the Job
Infrastructure System Administrator (Desktop)
Up to £32,000 DOE plus benefits
Vets Now has experienced impressive growth since its inception 16 years ago and now cares for over 100,000 pets per annum in its supportive network of 58 emergency clinics and 3 specialty hospitals across the UK. The company’s dedicated people work together to ensure they can offer the best emergency and critical care in the country.
Vets Now is committed to investing in the career progression of its people and the company expects its people to be ambitious in their own journey too. Vets Now lives by its core values of innovation, caring, releasing potential and responsibility.
A critical enabler for the organisation to achieve its growth plans is its innovative technology strategy and technology service and key in ensuring the delivery of both of those is the Technical Delivery Team.
The Infrastructure System Administrator position is a senior and critical member of the Vets Now Technical Delivery Team and is responsible for supporting, developing and innovating our End User Computing environment to ensure it is continually improving and innovating.
The post holder will need to have a strong background in Desktop computing and be experienced in supporting Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, modern anti-virus software and the deployment/discovery of many more business-critical technologies. The Infrastructure System Administrator will also be expected to innovate and change current and future solutions to evolve them to ever changing business needs and will expected to work closely with the Technology Team senior management to ensure the that all technology projects and services are delivered to the necessary high standards.
The main purpose of the role be to act as a subject matter expert for all technology and internal customer teams in relation to the Vets Now Desktop build and core MS applications. This will include providing Tier 3 support to the Vets Now user environment, ensuring Tier 3 service tickets are priorities, updated and managed. Owning the maintenance, monitoring and development of the desktop environment and assisting the other Infrastructure Analysts in server/network maintenance and support. Acting as Tier 3 escalation into critical suppliers/vendors and managing these SLAs will be vital.
Support and mentor the technical service desk team
- Providing mentoring, support and an escalation point for the Technical Service Desk.
- Document procedures and processes to allow 1st line support to carry out their tasks.
- Act as an escalation point for technical issues which cannot be dealt with by the Helpdesk Analysts.
Maintain, improve and support IT infrastructure in line with business needs
- Develops and support information technology that reinforces Vets Now as a place where vets, nurses and support staff want to work and a company that veterinary practices want to work with.
- Provide expertise in Office 365 / Exchange Online Licensing, support, administration and configuration management.
- Provide expertise in Windows 10 deployment, upgrades and customisation.
- Provide expertise in modern mail filtering tolls (Such as Proofpoint).
- Provide expertise in EUC security measures and practices specifically relating to device security and data protection.
- Ensures technology services are functioning smoothly with minimal down time and continues to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Ensure all necessary support and improvement activities required in the ongoing maintenance, management and improvement of the Vets Now environment are captured and tracked through the Technical Delivery Forward Schedule of Change.
- Ensure the Vets Now technology suite is security compliant to ensure it achieves its required GDPR and PCI compliance.
- Work with the wider technology team to ensure the correct delivery of any technical elements in business change and technology roadmap projects.
- Work closely with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to maintain excellent working relationships for the department and company.
- Keep up-to-date with the key changes and innovations in Technology to ensure that the latest developments and best practices are employed in Vets Now.
Work with the Head of Technical Delivery to continually improve and innovate the technology service
- Contribute to the development of the Department and its operation to ensure the delivery of a high-quality technology service.
- Represent the technology team at formal and informal meetings both internally and externally.
- Contribute to the creation and management of the Technology budget.
Professional Skills and Abilities Required:
- Professional and self-motivated with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Customer focused.
- Fast learner.
- Aligned with company values.
- Positive outlook with confidence and belief in own abilities.
- Collaborative approach.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbally, with a range of internal and external parties.Ability to translate technical issues so that they can be easily understood.
- Ability to form, engage and work with internal teams.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- An aptitude for planning, administration and delegation.
- Organised approach to work with ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Flexible and embraces change.
- Ability to analyse key business information and interpret results and recommend improvements.
- Be sufficiently mobile to visit some of our clinics and hospitals and suppliers.
Relevant Experience and Qualifications:
- Significant experience in administering and developing IT desktop support in a fast paced, commercial environment.
- Strong technical knowledge, especially in the following:
- Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
- Active Directory / GPO creation and deployment
- Office365 administration and configuration.
- Windows Server maintenance and management
- Microsoft SQL server
- Mail Filtering support (Proofpoint or other)
- SCCM and CMDB administration.
- Mobile Phone Policy development and Deployment (Maas360)
- PC/Laptop hardware (HP)
- Knowledge in the following would be useful but not essential:
- Firewalls / VPN / Security Devices
- Telephony systems (Such as Mitel)
- IT security
- Project Management
- GDPR Data Protection regulations
- PCI compliance
- Cisco Meraki Networking
- Experience in supplier / vendor management
- MCSA or equivalent experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation preferable but not essential
If you have the skills and experience required to add value in this critical role, we’d love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications is 30 May 2019.