About the Job
Technical Support Analyst
Up to £24,000 DOE plus benefits
Vets Now has experienced impressive growth since its inception 16 years ago and now cares for over 100,000 pets per annum in its supportive network of 58 emergency clinics and 3 specialty hospitals across the UK. The company’s dedicated people work together to ensure they can offer the best Emergency and Critical Care in the country.
Vets Now is committed to investing in the career progression of its people and the company expects its people to be ambitious in their own journey too. Vets Now lives by its core values of innovation, caring, releasing potential and responsibility.
A critical enabler for the organisation to achieve its growth plans will be its innovative technology strategy and its robust Technology Roadmap and service delivery
We are currently recruiting for a permanent Technical Support Analyst to join our Technology team. Reporting directly to the Technical Services Manager, the successful individual will be passionate about delivering excellent technology support services.
This role is the frontline of the Technology Team support of end users in the delivery of Vets Now’s technology solutions and requires an understanding of the organisations operation and technologies.
It is expected that the post holder, through supplier interaction and technical knowledge will be able to make regular recommendations relating to the ongoing support of all implemented technologies to the Technical Service Manager.
Main responsibilities include:
- Analyse problems and provide end users wherever possible with a 1st time Fix for all appropriate raised incidents before escalation
- Coordinate external 3rd party service provider’s resources to ensure that the appropriate level of service is provided
- Work alongside the Application and Infrastructure Analysts to develop and deliver the Technology Service
- Support the Technical Service Manager in reporting on the in-life performance and management of the Vets Now Technical solution and its suppliers
- Support the Technical Service Manager and Head of Technical Delivery with regular situation reporting in relation to any major incidents impacting on technology and wider service delivery
- Support the Technical Service Manager in the achievement of internal case management target resolution timescales to an agree set of prioritised service level agreements and case classification
- Support a range of internal checks across the Technology infrastructure, network and applications and the management of any required external audits of suppliers, to ensure all elements are compliant and performant to industry standards and internal policies pertaining to Quality Assurance, Cyber Security and Data Protection
Professional skills and attributes:
- A quick and efficient problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Ability to build working relationships with suppliers and stakeholders
- A team player who effectively contributes to team discussions and decision making
- A technology enthusiast who enjoys discovering and implementing new and innovative technologies
- Professional and self-motivated with a commitment to continuous improvement
- A sense of accountability and ownership
- The flexibility and willingness to travel as necessary
- Experience supporting technology environments using service management tools
- Good windows skills covering all aspects of Office including Office 365
- A basic understanding of Microsoft server, VM ware, desktop hardware (HP), WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi and Cisco technologies
- Knowledge and Experience in maintaining and updating Active Directory
- An understanding of modern office telephony solutions, such as Mitel or Avaya would also be preferred but not essential
- ITILv3 Foundation certification preferable but not essential.
- MCSA, MCDST preferable but not essential.
This role will require the ability to work shifts Mon – Fri outside of the standard 09:00 – 17:00 for some of the 5-day working week, covering 14:00 to 22:00 at least 2 days per week.
There is a requirement for this critical technology role to be part of a paid for on call rota.
If you’re passionate about delivering excellent technology support services and want to be part of our dynamic team, please apply online.
Closing date for applications is 24 May 2019.